Being a good human tops it all
In the competitive world of leadership, people can think you need to be ‘hard’ in order to succeed, and that hard means not nice.
I disagree. I work with a lot of executives and I can tell you for certain: nice guys finish FIRST.
You see, people don’t remember what you do, they remember how you make them feel.
If you’re a good person:
- People are more likely to help you
- People want to work with you and for you
- People are more likely to trust you
- People are more open, honest and engaged around you.
- You remain humble, hungry to learn and aware of others.
From here strategy, profit, culture, and performance flourish.
NEVER lose sight of being a good human.
Interested in more leadership insights? Read our articles here.