Membership & Courses Terms of Service
These Additional Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to all clients, or all potential clients, members, or all potential members Hunton Executive [ABN 43640898791] (“we, us, our”). These Terms together with any other terms and conditions and policies we publish or link to on our website and services form an Agreement with us (“Agreement”). “You” could be any client or member of ours.
ONLINE COURSE WE WILL PROVIDE
We provide various Online Courses, and Memberships including, but not limited to career and employer guidance courses and memberships. When you purchase a membership, we also have group sessions for you to participate in.
Things you must do before purchasing any Online Courses or Memberships on our website
- be 18 years old or have parental consent.
- provide complete and accurate information to us, including account information, and promptly inform us of any updates to your information.
- ensure you have adequate technology set up and internet access to participate in the Online Course or to make use of your Membership.
Acknowledgements you make when purchasing on our website
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we cannot consider your personal situation or your personal goals or objectives when providing the Online Course or Membership Services. The Materials are general in nature, and we cannot guarantee that your desired outcome will be met.
- the information in the Materials we provide are not a substitute for independent professional advice and any reliance on this information is at your sole risk. We may provide information that could be classed as “business advice” or even “legal advice”. You must consider whether the information is appropriate to your needs. We strongly recommend that you obtain independent professional advice before making any decisions or taking steps towards reliance on our information. For example, please see a lawyer before relying on any legal information.
- you are solely responsible for your own success and outcomes. We strongly recommend you attend all sessions, participate fully, be open to feedback, and complete all training modules and coursework.
You further acknowledge and agree that there may be:
- occasional errors or omissions in Online Course or Membership descriptions, prices, availability, and promotions.
- some Online Courses and Memberships with limited places, and some courses that are limited to certain regions or groups of people.
- technical problems downloading Materials, and there are inherent risks associated with downloading digital products and using online software.
Except as required by law, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information, or the availability of the Online Courses or Memberships. We also cannot guarantee the results of the Online Course or any Membership as they are dependent on your actions and implementation.
You also acknowledge that we may make recommendations of employers or candidates during our Online Courses and Memberships. Any recommendations are only recommendations, and we are not involved in that relationship.
Payments for Online Courses
- pay for the Online Course via the published payment methods available.
- make payment via PayPal or credit card through the Kajabi platform as your place cannot be reserved or confirmed until payment is received; and
- have any special offer coupons ready as they must be used at the of purchase to apply; they cannot be applied retrospectively.
Payments for Memberships
The Membership Fee is automatically deducted from your nominated payment method unless you or we cancel your Membership in accordance with the cancellation or termination terms below.
You authorise us to:
- deduct the Membership Fee and all other accrued and owing fees from your debit or credit card or PayPal; and
- deduct any applicable currency conversion fees or financial service provider fees where relevant.
If you have any special offer coupons, they must be used at the time of purchase to apply; they cannot be applied retrospectively. You must ensure that sufficient funds are available in your nominated account to meet any withdrawals made by us on their scheduled due dates. Where payment is defaulted or not received, you authorise us to debit any outstanding funds from your nominated account, without the need for notifying you.
Things you must do after purchasing on our website
- maintain the confidentiality of your login and password for your account.
- not allow other people to use the Materials or your account.
- contact us by email at if you have any difficulty downloading any Materials.
- not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, re-sell or exploit the or Materials in any way.
- contact us by email at if you have any issues with the Online Course or your Membership and require a refund.
- seek our prior written consent before any publication of information about us; and
- in the case of a dispute keep all communications confidential.
We want you to engage in the Membership community but please follow our rules
We encourage you to engage with us and other participants during your Membership, however, you must comply with our rules at all times. You must respect the other members and not be disruptive in any way. We encourage positive communications at all times. You must not directly contact other members unless you have their express consent. Any further interactions with other members are conducted at your sole risk.
You must not post any of the following, which is determined at our discretion:
- any inappropriate or offensive, threatening, or abusive content.
- any immoral content, including but not limited to, anything pornographic or obscene.
- any illegal content, including any content which is defamatory.
- anything that breaches the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, any intellectual property rights of a third party such as copyright, or trademark, or a third party’s privacy.
- any content that impersonates any other person or misleads us or third parties as to the origin of your posts; or
- any advertising of yourself or your business.
You are responsible for all your posts and their accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. We are not responsible for any of your posts or any third-party posts. Where posts do not comply with our rules, or are otherwise objectionable we may, but do not have any obligation to, edit or remove the content. By making posts in our community, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free perpetual irrevocable licence to use the posts for any purpose, and you waive any Moral Rights in those posts.
Acknowledgements you make in relation to privacy and confidentiality
Our Membership services includes group sessions where you may share sensitive, personal, and private information (“Confidential Information”), or where others may share similar information.
You acknowledge and agree to keep all information confidential, and not to disclose any information outside the group. You must not record any sessions or meetings.
Unfortunately, whilst we encourage confidential communications, we cannot guarantee that delivery of our Membership Services and any Materials will be secure, and we cannot guarantee your privacy or confidentiality particularly when accessing any online video conferencing or other meeting platforms.
Acknowledgement you make of recordings at online events
You acknowledge and agree that we may make recordings of online events that you participate in. These recordings may be audio, video or still photographs, and may be used by us for marketing or information purposes. Your participation in the event is subject to you granting us the copyright in all recordings to use, reuse and publish the recordings where you may be depicted or included, in whole or in part, in composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes from time to time, in any media now or developed in future. You waive all rights to approve the finished recordings.
Things we would love you to do after purchasing on our website
We would love you to provide us with any photos, videos, testimonials, and/or case studies so we can use them for marketing and information purposes, publications, exhibitions, and professional awards across all print or digital mediums, including our social media channels.
However, please note that by providing us with photos, videos, testimonials and/or case studies you assign copyright ownership to us. This includes all copyright and any other rights under the Copyright Act 1968 and the right of reproduction either wholly or in part. If you provide Content but subsequently want to revoke permission to use it, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to cancel your Membership
If you need to cancel your Membership, please email us at email@example.com with 7 days notice so you will not be billed automatically for the following month. All our Membership Services are for the Membership Period. We do not provide any refunds for Membership Fees until any Minimum Term has expired.
OTHER MATTERS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF
We may change information on our website and store
Except as required by law, we may at any time, and without prior notice to you:
- change and update information including availability and promotions.
- change prices or descriptions of our Online Courses or Memberships.
- change our range of Online Courses or Memberships or discontinue an Online Course or Membership Service.
We comply with the Australian Consumer Law
You are entitled to various consumer guarantees, rights, and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law including, but not limited to, consumer guarantees that the Online Courses and Membership Services are delivered with due care and skill.
Except as required by law we do not warrant the quality of the Online Courses or Membership Services or warrant that they will meet your expectations. We do not provide refunds for changes of mind, where you fail to provide us with adequate information, where you can no longer partake in part or all of an Online Course or make use of your Membership, or where you fail to comply with our instructions.
If we need to cancel your order, we will provide a refund
Except as required by law, all payments are non-transferable and non-refundable. On occasion we may cancel an Online Course or Membership Service where we are no longer able to provide it. In these or similar circumstances where we must cancel the whole course, we will provide you with a full refund. Despite our reasonable endeavours, on occasion we may also need to change times or dates of parts of our Online Course at short notice or even cancel parts of an Online Course. We will notify you as soon as possible of any changes. In some circumstances we may also offer a transfer you to another Online Course if the times or dates are inconvenient to you. We do not provide refunds except as required under the Australian Consumer Law.
We can refuse to serve you and sell Online Courses or Membership Services at any time
We may refuse to provide our Online Courses or a Membership to you, or anyone, for any reason, at any time. If you breach this Agreement, we may immediately terminate your use of our website and services, any account and disable your ability to purchase of our Online Courses or Membership Services. We can also change, suspend, or stop providing Online Courses and Membership Services at any time, for any reason, and without notifying you. We are not responsible to you for any changes, or if we suspend or stop our Online Courses or Memberships.
All the Intellectual Property Rights in our Materials are owned by or licensed by us. We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, revocable licence for to use our Materials for your personal use only. This licence to use our Materials in relation to the Online Courses is for the duration of the Online Course only. The licence to use our Materials in relation to your Membership is for the duration of your Membership only. You must not use our Materials for any commercial purposes without our prior written consent which is given or withheld at our sole discretion. Any use beyond your sole personal use will be conditional on the payment of license fees, and acknowledgement of our moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 where applicable. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to seek consent.
RELIANCE ON ADVICE DISCLAIMER
We may provide information in our Materials and that may be classed as “legal” or “business” advice. Whilst we exercise due care in ensuring its accuracy, sometimes it may not be accurate. There may be typographical errors, or it may be based on an opinion of the author that is not widely held. Occasionally the information may be historical information, and based on primary sources of material, contemporary thinking, regulations, or laws which existed at the time of publication, and these will change from time to time. Occasionally the information may not be complete. For that reason, we cannot guarantee that the information is accurate, complete, or current.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any Loss or damage arising from your use of our website and services or any Online Courses or Memberships purchased using the service, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, price changes or discontinued Online Courses or Membership Services, your reliance on any of our advice and information, any visitor posts and content, any links to third party websites, any interruptions, any changes, suspension or termination of our website and services, changes to dates and times of Online Courses or Membership Services.
To the extent which we are entitled to do so, our liability under the Australian Consumer Law will be limited, at our option to: –
- the replacement of the Online Course or Membership or the supply of an equivalent Online Course or Membership; or
- the payment of acquiring an equivalent Online Course or Membership.
In any case, our liability to you will not exceed the amount actually paid by you to us for the most recent Online Course or Membership you have paid for.
You agree to indemnify us, and to keep us indemnified from any Claim arising out of or in connection with your breach of this Agreement, including, but not limited to where you provide incorrect information, any breach of the group session and posting rules, and any breach of our Intellectual Property Rights.
IF THERE IS A DISPUTE
In the event of any dispute that cannot be resolved, both parties agree to obtain an independent professional arbitrator/dispute resolution specialist to make a determination on the dispute and each party agrees to pay their own costs.
This Agreement is to be construed in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia, and you and we submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of NSW, Australia. This is the entire agreement between you and us, and supersedes any prior agreements, proposals, and communications whether oral or written, between you and us. In the event of an inconsistency between the terms in this document, and other terms and conditions on our website, these terms prevail. No other term is to be included in this Agreement except where it is required to be included by law. The failure by us to exercise any right or enforce any provision in this Agreement does not waive the future operation of that right or provision. If a provision in this Agreement is not enforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Agreement to the extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. All obligations and liabilities in these Agreement survive termination of this Agreement.
Australian Consumer Law means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
Agreement means these terms, and the general website terms and conditions and all other terms and conditions and policies published or linked to on our website.
Claim means any claim, under statute, tort, contract or negligence, any demand, award, or costs.
Intellectual Property Rights means all copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents, trade secrets and confidential information whether registered or unregistered.
Loss or damage means any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential loss or damages of any kind, including but not limited to, any loss of profits, revenue, savings, loss of data, loss of enjoyment, virus to systems, personal injury, death, negligence, trespass, property damage and legal costs.
Materials means all membership and online program and course materials, worksheets, documents, copy, diagrams, videos, photographs, and anything provided to you during the course.
Membership Fee means the memberships fee as advertised on our website from time to time.
Membership Period means monthly, 3 monthly, 6 monthly annually.
Membership Services means the Career Guidance Membership, Executive Career Guidance Exclusive Membership and Employer Guidance Exclusive Membership services and includes all Materials.
Minimum Term means the minimum term of your membership before you can cancel which is.
Online Courses means our Career Guidance course, Executive Career Guidance course, Employer Guidance course and any other course available through our website.
We, us, or our means Hunton Executive Consulting and Recruitment Pty Ltd [ABN 43640898791] and includes any of our directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, and contractors.
Website and services mean www.huntonexecutive.com and everything available on this website including, but not limited to, all Online Courses and any services.